Stronghold, an early-stage fintech company that creates virtual payments networks, needs a founding team member to manage, lead, and recruit for our development team.
Help us build our developer friendly payments platform enabling access to legacy and next-generation payment networks. Our engineering team is working with modern ledgers as well as legacy payment systems, and is focused on building safe, compliant, and useful products to our customers.
Stronghold has been going deep to build the underlying rails for modern payments. We are currently in a phase of hyper-growth, engaged with a wide range of clients that need customized, interoperable payment systems. These range from established, blue-chip industry participants, to underserved, underbanked sectors such as cannabis.
Stronghold is looking for a VP of Engineering with payments experience to join our development team. You will be responsible for continuing the core development of our payments systems and platform API.
What you'll do:
- Own Stronghold's payment system and platform APIs helping our customers process payments
- Work with your team, product and design to build new customer-facing product features, and improve upon existing ones
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Aren't afraid to jump into the codebase and write when needed
Who you are:
- An eye for great products and can work with product engineers, sales, and customers to effectively deliver them
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping
- Successfully recruited great teammates
- An excitement for building up a new team within Stronghold
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
Bonus points if:
- You have experience working in financial institutions, especially in payments.
- You understand fundamentals of distributed ledger technologies.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.