Stronghold is an early-stage financial services company that’s building infrastructure for virtual payment networks and offering its customers secure, transparent ways to move money.
Stronghold has been going deep to build the underlying rails for modern payments. We are currently in a phase of hyper-growth and are looking for a candidate that can evolve with the company as we scale and add new products.
Stronghold is looking for a highly driven Vice President of Business Development to join our team and help lead our revenue growth, new go-to-market strategies, and build out and manage our business development, sales, and customer success teams. As one of the earlier entrants to our revenue team, you will be key to shaping our success. We are looking for someone who can identify and qualify new customer opportunities, respond to inbound inquiries, and shepherd deals from opening to contract and closing stages. This is an amazing opportunity to join Stronghold in the early stages of our exciting, high-growth journey.
The Business Development team plays a vital role in growing Stronghold's revenue and broadening our portfolio of partnerships. This will inevitably include networking to build relationships, creating "jump off the page" sales presentations, developing commercial and pricing models, contracting and selling, and ultimately being able to build and lead a team that drives the go-to-market success of the company. Key to this role is an ability to understand Stronghold's technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and win the trust of the product, technology teams, and buying structures of our potential partners by conveying the value we can deliver.
You'll be reporting to the CEO and collaborating closely with other key players on the team, including Technology, Product, Customer Success, Risk, Legal, and Operations.
We're looking for someone who is an exceptional closer, has learned to sell through a combination of professional training and actual B2B sales experience, and wakes up each morning feeling hungry to close more deals. You must have an understanding of financial technology and the payments ecosystem overall, but more importantly, you can demonstrate the sales acumen needed to sell into a mixture of innovative enterprises and / or large scale companies who are looking to evolve and innovate. This will include working with a mix of start-up, early, and high growth technology companies providing digital payment and banking services to consumers and businesses.
You will also need to understand how SaaS and platform technology companies work, and be able to communicate technical and product benefits to a sophisticated technical and developer community as well as commercial and C-suite buyers. Further to this, you will potentially have a network of contacts in the financial services industry and a proven track record of creating go-to-market strategies and closing high-value deals. You will understand the importance of and approach to a consultative Partnership sales methodology and be able to define best-fit solutions for prospects with a flexible commercial approach.
You will be a good fit if you share our desire to solve problems and the drive to build tools and processes that enable revenue growth. You also want to be a part of a cross-functional team with a strategic mindset to support marketing, finance, business development, and customer success as we work together to achieve our aggressive revenue and growth targets. You will be at the heart of building and supporting the go-to-market team and wider Stronghold leadership team in forging our sales strategy and our overall approach. Whilst your principal focus is on identifying and closing business in an exceptional fashion, you will benefit from an obsession over finding new ways to shorten time to value for our customers and time to revenue for the organization. Solving problems and building solutions with limited structure and oversight comes naturally to you, and you consistently receive praise for your analytical abilities, communication skills, and approach to collaboration.
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities while playing a key role supporting the Revenue Team - here are a few key expectations:
• Run a Sales Process: From your infancy at Stronghold, you will be expected to lead real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement and discovery of business needs to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. At any given time, you may have as many as 20 plus opportunities in various stages of that process.
• Numbers Fanatic: Be obsessed about hitting your numbers and supporting the rest of the Revenue Team in achieving our collective goals for the organization.
• Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Stronghold’s technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers.
• Contracting: Work with our legal process as required to shepherd both inbound and outbound opportunities through the contracting process, including negotiation and execution.
CRM: Own dashboards and reports within our CRM for our team to manage the day-to-day development of Stronghold opportunities in our CRM tool, Hubspot.
In addition to a stellar proven sales career in the payments industry or an industry that provides transferable skills and competencies to the role, we're on the hunt for the following attributes:
• Minimum 15+ years experience in quota-driven, successful sales roles
• Understanding of how to create and optimize the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
• Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications, and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
• Strong understanding and willingness to learn about the payments ecosystem
• Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
• Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
• Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
• Strong network of key contacts in the financial services (Banking) and payments market or an ability to demonstrate how to swiftly generate a network that will enable you to exceed targets through generated business
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Stronghold is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized.