Help us build our financial services platform enabling access to payment ecosystems for more efficient movement of value. Our engineering team is working with distributed ledger protocols as well as traditional payment systems, and is focused on building safe, compliant, and useful products to our customers.
Stronghold is looking for senior backend & full stack engineers to join our engineering team. You will be responsible for continuing the core development of our payments systems and platform API.
Our payments system incorporates traditional payment systems such as ACH and wires in the US with modern APIs and infrastructure. As we continue to meet the needs of underserved businesses we are building end-user (both consumer and business) facing products that our customers are using to empower their businesses.
What You'll Do
- Develop Stronghold's Platform APIs, working on solving payment problems for our enterprise customers and underserved businesses.
- Be involved with all aspects of the development process for Platform projects - from vision to final implementation.
- Design new Platform functionality with the corresponding APIs for external developers.
- Receive, prioritize, and help solve technical problems from Stronghold's Platform API customer base.
- Collaborate with the sales team to scope projects during the pre-sale process & work on technical proposals.
- Collaborate with the Stronghold team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices across all of the engineering team.
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience developing software on a team.
- You have a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or an equivalent experience.
- Excellent generalist programming ability. You learn quickly and strive for simplicity.
- You're a language polyglot and are proficient in languages such as Go, Rust, Scala, Java, Ruby or Python.
- Experience with building frontend user interfaces, and/or have architected large, single page web applications using frameworks such as React or Angular
- You have experience in supporting production web services at scale.
- You're a great communicator that can advocate and lead technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process.
- You are knowledgeable of existing frameworks and open source tools and are willing to build new frameworks when open ones do not exist.
- You're enthusiastic about working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy.
- You're open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
- You have experience working in financial institutions, especially in payments.
- Experience working with serveless(AWS Lambda, Google cloud functions), Kubernetes, Gitlab
- Google Cloud platform, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud functions, Cloudflare, Redis, Postgres, Git, Gitlab/Github
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.