Help us build our financial services platform enabling access to payment ecosystems for more efficient movement of value. Our engineering team is working with distributed ledger protocols as well as traditional payment systems, and is focused on building safe, compliant, and useful products to our customers.
Stronghold is looking for a senior engineer with full stack capabilities to join our engineering team. You will be responsible for continuing the core development of our payments systems and platform API.
Our payments system incorporates traditional payment systems such as ACH and wires in the US, as well as distributed ledger technologies such as Stellar. As we continue to serve underserved businesses we are building end-user (both consumer and business) facing UI components that our customers can white-label to speed up deployment.
What you'll do:
- Develop Stronghold's Platform APIs, working on solving payment problems for our enterprise customers and underserved businesses.
- Be involved with all aspects of the development process for Platform projects - from vision to final implementation.
- Design new Platform functionality with the corresponding APIs for external developers.
- Receive, prioritize, and help solve technical problems from Stronghold's Platform API customer base.
- Collaborate with the sales team to scope projects during the pre-sale process & work on technical proposals.
- Collaborate with the Stronghold team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices across all of the engineering team.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience developing software on a team.
- You have a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
- Excellent generalist programming ability. You learn quickly and strive for simplicity.
- You're a language polyglot and have written server applications in languages such as Go, Rust, C#, Java, or C++.
- Experience with building frontend user interfaces, and/or have architected large, single page web applications using frameworks such as React or Angular
- You have experience in supporting production web services at scale.
- You're a great communicator that can advocate and lead technical discussions, especially during the design and code review process.
- You are knowledgeable of existing frameworks and open source tools and are willing to build new frameworks when open ones do not exist.
- You're enthusiastic about working on a small, growing team where you'll be given a lot of autonomy.
- You're open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Bonus points if:
- You have experience working in financial institutions, especially in payments.
- You understand fundamentals of distributed ledger technologies.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.