Stronghold, an early-stage financial services company on a mission to improve financial access, builds infrastructure for virtual payment networks. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
Stronghold has entered a phase of hyper-growth and we are looking for a Head of Talent to help build the team across all disciplines to continue that growth. In this role, you will lead our recruiting and talent management efforts. You will use multiple sourcing strategies to build a recruiting pipeline, screen candidates, and help create talent strategies for our business and technical teams. Given our stage and current needs, the role will start as 80% focused on recruiting and growing our team and 20% focused on existing talent management and general HR.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the full life-cycle of the recruitment and team building processes
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand their team needs and guide the hiring managers to think strategically about talent management and talent needs that will us meet our company goals
- Own and improve our recruiting playbook and processes so that we maintain a top candidate experience
- Build talent pipelines through network referrals, inbound inquiries, and outbound sourcing
- Provide data and reports on candidate pipeline, hiring process, and time to hire.
- Provide guidance on our future HR strategy as we grow into a larger company
- Help design and lead the delivery of Stronghold’s people practices including talent assessment and planning, organization design and development, performance management, and culture development.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: performance management, career planning, coaching, compensation and rewards, employee relations, recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
Who You Are
- Proven ability to identify and recruit talent in one or more disciplines
- Ability to identify talent and recruit for all levels from individual contributors through company leaders
- Experienced at our stage of growth to help us grow from 15 people to 25 people this year
- 3+ years experience in recruiting or in HR more generally with a focus on recruiting
- Experienced with ATS and able to make spreadsheets or systems easy to use for hiring managers
- Ability to tell our story and mission in a compelling way to candidates
- Comfortable as a Team of One in our current stage with an ability to grow with the company
- Domain experience in payments of FinTech is preferred but not required
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with outside employment counsel as needed/required.
- A healthy dose of empathy and humor
- Flexible Work Schedule: Getting the job done isn't always 9 to 5. Determine your working hours so you get things done when it works for you and your family.
- Stock Options: We offer stock options that align with your equity mindset so you can reach our personal financial goals. Have skin in the game and feel like an owner.
- Health Care: We provide options for Health Care that have you and your family covered. From PPOs to HMOs we have something that will work for whatever stage of life you are in.
- Hybrid Work: We fully embrace a hybrid work environment where employees work in our San Francisco based office and work from home.
- Flexible Vacation: We offer flexible vacation so you can get the time-off you need that works for you.
- Learning Credits: Curiosity and lifelong learning is a core value at Stronghold. We want to provide you the resources you need to continue to expand and grow as an individual.