Stronghold, an early-stage financial services company on a mission to improve financial access, builds infrastructure for virtual payment networks. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
Stronghold has entered a phase of hyper-growth and we are looking for a highly talented and experienced leader for Head of Support. Until now, Support has been a shared responsibility, but with our revenue, customer, and team growth, we’re looking for a first hire in Support to be a hands-on leader and build the Support function. You’ll be customer-facing and collaborate internally across all teams. You’ll join a startup dream team including leadership consisting of multiple former founders with successful exits of venture-backed companies.
About this role:
As the Head of Customer Support, you will grow, manage, and scale our support team in line with Stronghold’s growth. You will put in place the organization, systems and processes needed to scale and provide best in class service to our enterprise partners, B2B and B2C customers, and retail consumers. You will serve as an escalation point for customer issues while helping drive retention, loyalty, and advocacy among our customers.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of the current support channels, systems, and processes to ensure current day-to-day operations run smoothly.
- Quickly mobilize an action plan towards the maturity of our systems and processes achieved through continuous improvement.
- Ensure the highest standard of customer care is delivered (e.g. response and resolution times, customer satisfaction, and feedback management).
- Develop a world-class support team structure, proactive staff forecast model, KPIs and training procedures required to rapidly scale Stronghold's support operation.
- Ensure volume forecasts and planning requirements are built to manage peak volume periods to achieve KPIs.
- Provide dynamic leadership: Hire, mentor, develop, and guide support agents on the technical and operations sides of the support function.
- Create and maintain a mechanism to capture customer feedback that can be translated into product improvements in order to reduce volumes on repetitive themes.
- Constantly develop and implement initiatives that optimize business performance and result in increased customer satisfaction.
- Work cross-functionally with our enablement, success, compliance, engineering, product, marketing, and other operations teams to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience.
Who you are
- Proven support team lead who has played an instrumental role in building, leading, and growing a high performing customer support organization, and is ready for their next challenge.
- Propensity for action; understands what it means to move fast, pivot, have a growth mindset, collaborate cross-functionally, and bring people together towards a common goal.
- Natural empathy for the customer while understanding how to balance communication based on the priorities and capabilities of the company.
- 5+ years progressive customer support experience in high-growth companies.
- 2-5 years experience as a team lead or manager of a distributed customer support team.
- Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves and delve into the technical details
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience establishing robust metrics and analysis (workforce planning, productivity, SLAs, CSAT and KPIs) and leveraging for continuous improvement.
- Experience implementing and leveraging support tools (chat, bots, ticketing, CRM, BI) to optimize workflows.
- Bonus: Payment and fintech solution experience in B2B and/or B2C.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Getting the job done isn't always 9 to 5. Determine your working hours so you get things done when it works for you and your family.
- Stock Options: We offer stock options that align with your equity mindset so you can reach our personal financial goals. Have skin in the game and feel like an owner.
- Health Care: We provide options for Health Care that have you and your family covered. From PPOs to HMOs we have something that will work for whatever stage of life you are in.
- Work From Home: We fully embraced the work from home culture. We provide all the tools you need to make you effective in your role.
- Flexible Vacation: An allotment of vacation times are a thing of the past. We offer flexible vacation so you can get the time off you need that works for you.
- Learning Credits: Curiosity and lifelong learning is a core value at Stronghold. We want to provide you the resources you need to continue to expand and grow as an individual.
Visa sponsorship is not available at this time. Only applicants who do not require sponsorship will be considered.