Stronghold, an early-stage financial services company on a mission to improve financial access, builds infrastructure for virtual payment networks. We’ve been going deep to lay the underlying rails for modern payments and reach all customers with secure, transparent ways to move money.
Stronghold has entered a phase of hyper-growth and we are looking to bring on our first key sales team member to focus on selling our payment infrastructure solutions. This Director of Sales will directly target merchants and work closely with channel partners, rapidly expanding our revenues. Apply for this role if you want to take a product with strong product/market fit and scale it to a huge, rapidly growing market. You'll be a key member of the team at Stronghold and build the sales processes required to grow our business. This position reports directly to the VP of Revenue at Stronghold.
What You Will Do
- Origination of sales deals on both outbound direct prospecting as well as handling inbound activity that comes through our website and additional Marketing, Partnership and Sales channels.
- Work with our business development and product teams to define and execute our sales strategy
- Build inbound and outbound sales strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Identify potential customers and run the end-to-end sales process
- Work closely with channel partners to close mutual potential customers
- Build and maintain relationships with target customers, from executives to product teams to developers
- Monitor customer, market, and customer trends and provide feedback to cross-functional teams
- Engage with product, engineering, and the executive team to help drive product strategy
- Manage key customer relationships and help close key strategic opportunities
- Develop infrastructure, systems, and processes to support the success of the sales team
- Use internal CRM and Predictable Revenue methodologies to meet sales goals
Who Are You
- Experience building sales plans with cross-functional and executive team members
- Develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units across complex organizations and geographies
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills, for both virtual and in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in the intersection of technology and financial services
- Understand the basics of how SaaS and platform technology companies work, and be able to communicate technical and product benefits to both sophisticated and unsophisticated buyers
- Know how to develop strong, well qualified pipelines
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills; consultative sales approach with a product-centric mindset
- 5+ years of quota carry technology or product sales experience, preferably selling a technical product, with a track record of top performance
- Flexible Work Schedule: Getting the job done isn't always 9 to 5. Determine your working hours so you get things done when it works for you and your family.
- Stock Options: We offer stock options that align with your equity mindset so you can reach our personal financial goals. Have skin in the game and feel like an owner.
- Health Care: We provide options for Health Care that have you and your family covered. From PPOs to HMOs we have something that will work for whatever stage of life you are in.
- Hybrid Work: We fully embrace a hybrid work environment where employees work in our San Francisco based office and work from home.
- Learning Credits: Curiosity and lifelong learning is a core value at Stronghold. We want to provide you the resources you need to continue to expand and grow as an individual.